Good Dissertation Topics: Researching Strategies to Find a Bright Idea
Finding a good topic for your dissertation may depend on the strategy used to find it. You can talk to people about your ideas or research what has been written in the past. Your interests will help you choose a path to start your search. Be open to possible ideas as they come along and make list of what you find. When brainstorming hasn’t sparked any potential ideas, maybe one of the following points can provide insight on something more interesting.
- Talk with people who work in the field related to your subject matter. Talking with those in the field can offer unique insight on potential topics. You can learn about changes that occurred in how someone does their job. Or, you can learn about problems that need resolution. Have questions handy to ask and try to get input from multiple sources before reviewing possible ideas for your dissertation.
- Research trending topics and controversial issues in the media. Depending on your topic you may get tips based on what people are saying in the media. You could use social media to help you. Ask a question or make a comment online and have people you know respond. There are good ideas that come from media stories. You just need insight on how to turn it into something you can research for a dissertation project.
- Discuss issues of interest with colleagues. What are colleagues going to write about? You can share ideas or have a group brainstorming session. Be open to others and their ideas. If they have an idea they don’t like it could be something you can use.
- Review ways to look at your potential topic from another angle. If you have a list of basic ideas you can think about looking at it from another angle. What is something people may not know about? What is something you want to learn more about? What are problems you want to address in further detail?
- Read dissertation papers written by previous students. You can get all kinds of ideas based on what other students wrote about. At least you get an idea on what you should write about and the kind of content expected to produce. Some schools have links to previous dissertations written, while others provide a database you can access to review content written in the last few years.
take advice from an expert
© hollywoodvoiceoveracademy.com. All rights reserved. | Organize your dissertation writing