How To Create A Dissertation Front Page: Step-By-Step Instructions
Writing a dissertation front page is an easy task but then, it also requires careful concentration. This is mainly because there are certain guidelines to follow as far as writing this front page is concerned. There are certain elements that go with the preparation of this particular page and these include title of the paper, your name, previous degrees attained, in partial fulfilment, department/program and faculty among others. If this is your first time of writing such paper, it might seem like a daunting task but this article will take you through a step-by-step instruction on how to do so efficiently.
Bear in mind that this front page of your dissertation does not spill into a second page, all the elements are composed on one page that does not require any page numbering. Also, make sure that adequate space is maintained between those elements that make up the page. Here it goes:
- Title: This refers to the topic you are covering in your paper. It is advised that while you can use quotation marks within the title if necessary, they should not be used around the title. All the words in the title are to be spelt out fully, don’t make use of acronyms and a period should not come at the end of the title.
- Author Name: This is where your name goes, starting with your first name and followed by your last name. Ensure your name is rightly spelt.
- Previous Degrees Attained: This refers to those degrees you earned before enrolling for the present one. They are usually written in the abbreviated form. For example, B.Sc., M.A., etc). The most recent degree comes first, followed by others and each listed degree has to fit into one line.
- Institution’s Name: This is where the name of the university goes, you can include country name if there is another university that is bearing the same name with the one you attended.
- .in partial fulfilment...: This particular element is usually written in three lines. Make sure the wordings are written accordingly. For example, you should write, Master of Science or Arts, not Masters of Science or Arts.
- Department/School/Program and Faculty: This element is also written in three lines. According to the dissertation requirements, it can be done in single line spacing or 1.5” line spacing. Make sure the wordings are properly spelt.
- Copyright and Semester Year: This is written using 1.5” line spacing. For the semester year, it refers to the semester that your completed paper was handed over to the institution’s library, not the semester that the paper was defended. The year should be beside the copyright and the semester.
take advice from an expert
© hollywoodvoiceoveracademy.com. All rights reserved. | Organize your dissertation writing