How to Write Proper Dissertation Acknowledgments: A Perfect Guide
Dissertation Acknowledgement section:
Writing a dissertation is a difficult and an enormous job. The main challenging part is the amount of research that it requires but there are a lot of other things too, which are worth considering. Every dissertation has a lot of sections and each one is as important as any other section in your dissertation. One brief but a very important section is the Acknowledgement section which must be given optimum importance. Writing a dissertation is not an easy job. You require taking help of so many people in writing your dissertation. The acknowledgement section is the place where you thank them for their efforts and support they provided you in this dissertation. A lot of students get penalized as they take it very lightly. Acknowledgements have a proper and standardized pattern or format which must be followed to make it error free and also to ensure that you have written a quality error free dissertation.
Guide for writing a fool proof and an error free perfect Acknowledgement section of your dissertation:
The following are some of the useful tips which you must follow in order to write a perfect acknowledgement section of your dissertation:
- The placement of your acknowledgement page or section should be right after the title page of the dissertation. In some rare cases, the supervisors can also ask to put it after the abstract page. You must do as you are told by your supervisor.
- Never forget to thank anyone who contributed directly and indirectly in your dissertation as it makes a very good impact on your overall dissertation. The people may include your parents, academic staff, supervisor, librarians, friends, interviewees and anybody else who has helped you in any way in your dissertation project.
- There shouldn’t be any formality and acknowledge only those people who deserve to be. Don’t think that you must acknowledge a particular person or otherwise he would mind.
- Always take suggestions and inputs from your supervisor about the acknowledgement section as how you should go about it.
- One critical point that you should avoid is to include the element of hate or disregard for someone.
- Make it personal and briefly tell that how each person helps you out, rather than just mentioning their names.
- You must avoid using any king of slang or profanity in your acknowledgement section.
take advice from an expert
© hollywoodvoiceoveracademy.com. All rights reserved. | Organize your dissertation writing